Esculturas – no Parque da Luz
- 01.01.2016. - 01.12.2020 2016-01-01
- Heute geöffnet
Parque da Luz, also known as Jardim da Luz, has an area that measures approximately 113,000 square meters. Was created as a botanical garden by a Royal Order of the Portuguese Crown on November 19, 1798, and was opened to the public in 1825 as Jardim Botânico [Botanical] in Brazil’s Imperial period, becoming the first leisure area for the São Paulo populace.
In 1981, the park was declared historical heritage, and currently houses around 50 sculptures that are part of the of the State’s Pinacoteca collection. Among the artists on display are Victor Brecheret, Leon Ferrari, Amílcar de Castro, José Resende, Marcelo Nietsche, and many others.