Schwere-Reiter-Gelände / Halle 6
Opening the 15th of June
The barracks compound of the former Schwere Reiter was named the Prince Leopold Barracks after the 1st Royal Bavarian Heavy Cavalry Regiment “Prince Karl of Bavaria.” In 1902 the regiment moved into their quarters in the newly-constructed barracks at Schwere-Reiter-Straße. The building continued to be used for military purposes after the First World War, including housing an artillery works. The barracks are now a protected monument housing administrative offices for the City of Munich and an institute connected to the Technical University of Munich. It is also the site of the schwere reiter cultural center, which offers space for dance, music and theatre performances. The project Desperados 1919, by Rudolf Herz and Julia Wahren, is being staged here.